About LinkedIn Advertising
LinkedIn is a social networking site specifically for businesses and professionals. LinkedIn has a reach of 7.7 cr users in India. LinkedIn is the crowd favorite professional networking website. LinkedIn also has a Jobs section. LinkedIn among the few platforms that target ads to individuals by job roles. Get the best rates for advertising on LinkedIn with The Media Ad Company.
Why Advertise on LinkedIn
LinkedIn Marketing comes with the following advantages that are worth considering:
- Unlike Facebook and Instagram, LinkedIn specifically targets working professional. Hence, it is well suited for B2B as well as B2C companies
- LinkedIn Marketing has advanced targeting options like location, experience level, industry, job function etc. which makes it very easy to target specific position holders in specific industries. This feature is not available with any other social media.
- It has incredible reach in India with a whopping 7.7cr users.
How does LinkedIn Advertising work?
Following are the types of LinkedIn Ads possible:
Sponsored InMail: Sponsored inMails are sponsored emails from the advertisers to the target audience. Each inMail consist of a custom greeting, call-to-action button, body text and ability to add a link to the message body. These messages are charged on Cost per Send basis.
Lead Generation Forms: This type of LinkedIn Ads is beneficial for the businesses as these help companies with lead generation.
Carousel Ads: Feature a swipeable series of cards in a single ad to tell a deeper story, showcase multiple offerings, or provide insights for your audience.
Video Ads : Engage business decision makers with video ads in the LinkedIn feed on desktop and mobile.
Text Ads : Get your business in front of the audiences who matter most – and drive them to your website or landing pages.
Spot Light Ads : Capture attention with personalized ads featuring each professional’s own LinkedIn profile data, like photo, company name, job title, and more.
Job Ads : LinkedIN your job to candidates with the right skills – both in emails and across LinkedIn.
Who should you advertise on LinkedIn?
1. Brands trying to reach a digital-first audience
2. Brands trying to reach working professionals
3. Brands new to the market and want to generate awareness.
|UpGrad||Edu-Tech||Lead Generation||20% decrease in cost-per-lead|
|Hewlett Packard||Consumer Electronics||Sponsored Content (Banner)||0.7% CTR|
|Van Heusen||Fashion||Video||0.3% CTR|
|BMW||Automobile||In Mail||5.6% CTR|
|City||Reach (in Millions)|
Age Wise Split
Gender Wise Split
Industry – wise Reach
|Real Estate||4.8 lakh|
|Commercial Real Estate||71,000|
|IT Service||49 lakh|
|Consumer Goods (FMCG)||34 lakh|
How do filters help in targeting the audience?
1. Geo-Targeting – One can target the audience by their city or state or even the pin code. For example, a restaurant that only delivers in specific areas can easily select the pin codes to reach the right audience.
2.Demographic – One can target the audience according to their gender or age group. For example, a brand like My Protein would only find it relevant to target Males. Further, A university would prefer to target potential students in the age group of 18 – 24.
3. Interest – This targeting option is built on the basis of the type of content the user interacts with. For example, Nykaa would want to target beauty and fashion enthusiasts. Interest targeting can include various audience buckets such as Business, Fitness, Food, Hobbies, Shopping, Travel, and the like.
4. Education – LinkedIn offers the filter to target a user on the basis of his level of education. Options available include High School Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and the like. An example of the usage of this filter could be Universities that are trying to promote their master’s program where having a bachelor’s degree is a requirement.
5. Job Role – LinkedIn offers to target users on the basis of their Job role. An example of the usage of this filter could be when a sporting event wants to advertise the availability of advertising inventory, they could use the filter to reach out to marketing heads in organizations.
6. Company – Lastly, LinkedIn offers to target to reach out to a particular company or a particular category of company. For example, a B2B business for employee attendance could use a filter to reach out to companies with more than 200 employees.
Execution Process and Media Specifications
Steps in Execution
Step 1: Add Media to the Dashboard
Step 2: Customize it as per your requirement using the filters below:
|Placement Page||Run On Site/ Home Page/ Movie Page|
|Dimension||300 x 250/ 120 x 600/ 728 x 90|
|Banner Type||Leaderboard/ Tower/ Rectangle|
Step 3: Select Start and end Date
Step 4: Upload artwork and make payment
How do I know my ad has been placed?
1. When the campaign is live, you will get a link to the dashboard from where you can track the campaign on a daily basis.
2. After the completion of the campaign, an Excel Report will be shared with you.
Top 5 Digital Advertising Platforms in Social Media Category in India according to Similarweb Jul-Sep 2021
Book Services Now
Once the campaign is confirmed, it may take up to 48 hours for the ad to go live.
CPM stands for Cost per mille viz. Cost per Thousand Impression. You pay when your ad is shown 1000 times.
CPC stands for Cost per Click. You pay when someone clicks on your ad.
Daily impression delivery doesn’t remain constant but can fluctuate by up to 200%.
The clicks shown on the report may not match the actual visits (as per your analytics) to the website as there is usually a significant click to drop off rate. Every click recorded by the advertiser's dashboard does not end up on the landing page which causes this discrepancy.
Yes. All platforms prioritize Roadblocks over ROS ads and hence in case of such a premium booking, the delivery of your ad will be paused, and the campaign might need to be extended.