About YouTube Advertising
Youtube is one of the top sites (3rd in rank after Google.com and Google.co.in) according to Alexa Top sites in India. With 265 million as monthly user base, it has already reached 80% of the internet population in India. Hence, Youtube advertising in India is a very good opportunity for brands to reach their target audience.Get the best rates for advertising on Youtube with The Mediad Company
Why advertise on Youtube?
Following are some benefits of YouTube Advertising:
- YouTube has a reach of 225 million users in India and an average user watches about 40 minutes of video on YouTube. YouTube Advertising is a popular option to reach the masses especially non-metro cities which contribute 60% of the users.
- One of the most important benefits of YouTube Advertising is the opportunity to target your customers by using any of the five filters possible: Topic, Demographics, Keywords, Placements and Category.
- YouTube Advertising is economic as compared to other video platforms.
- The advertisers can track the ad performance in real time and make changes whenever required.
- Deeper connect with the audience through video ads A lot can be expressed through a good video. Now get the power of Television without the spillage of a TV campaign
How does Youtbe work?
There are many types of YouTube Ads but at a higher level, YouTube Ads can be divided into Skippable Ads and Non-skippable Ads.
- Non- Skippable Ads: These are 15-20 sec ads that are played before the videos. This type of YouTube ads is more effective for engagement as these cannot be skipped but are not well received by the audience, for they appear to be forced. Advertisers pay for these ads on a CPM basis.Bumper ads are non-skippable in nature but are only six seconds long. Advertisers pay for these ads on CPM basis. These ads can be used standalone or used to complement bigger non-skippable ads.
- Skippable Ads: Skippable Ads are also known as True View Ads. These are usually skippable after 5 seconds. This type of YouTube ads can be shown in either of the two ways: In-stream or Discovery Ads. The advertisers have to pay only for the ads if they have been watched for 30 sec or the complete video (for videos lesser than 30 sec).
- Discovery YouTube Ads: These ads appear in the search results, homepage, and related videos and as video overlays. These videos have no maximum length limit.
Apart from the abovementioned types of YouTube Ads, following are some other YouTube advertising options on YouTube:
- Display Ads: These are displayed banner ads that appear on the YouTube page just above the suggested YouTube Videos.Overlay type of YouTube ads is mostly in the format of text or banner display ad which runs along the bottom of the video being played.
- Masthead Video: This is a premium type of YouTube Ad which is charged on a per day basis. The Masthead video is present on the top of the Home Page.
Who should advertise on Youtube?
1. Brands trying to reach a digital-first audience
2. Recently launched brands looking to build brand awareness
3. Brands that are looking to scale their offline advertising activities
How Filters help in targeting the audience?
1. Geo-Targeting – One can target the audience by their city or state or even the pin code. For example, a restaurant that only delivers in specific areas can easily select the pin codes to reach the right audience.
2. Language – One can target the audience by which language they are using the app. For example, an app that is only available in the Telugu language can use this filter to reach the right audience.
3.Demographic – One can target the audience according to their gender or age group. For example, a brand like My Protein would only find it relevant to target Males. Further, A university would prefer to target potential students in the age group of 18 – 24.
4. Interest – This targeting option is built on the basis of the type of content the user interacts with. For example, Nykaa would want to target beauty and fashion enthusiasts. Interest targeting can include various audience buckets such as Business, Fitness, Food, Hobbies, Shopping, Travel, and the like. Advertisers also have the option of targeting people who are currently looking for a particular product or have shown an affinity towards an item for a long time. Further, Interest targeting can also include specific channels or specific genres of content.
5. Device – Device targeting is a wide range of options ranging from the brand of the device, cost of the device to type of device. For example, an app that is only available on android phones could select “android phones” as a targeting option.
6. Custom Audience – Custom Audiences include brand specific audiences created such as a retargeting list, look likes, and even an offline list of customers.
Steps in Execution
Step 1: Add Media to the Dashboard
Step 2: Customize it as per your requirement using the filters below:
|Placement Page||Run On Site/ Home Page/ Movie Page|
|Dimension||6 sec/ 10 sec/ 20 sec|
|Ad Type||Video Ad/ Overlay Banner/Masthead Ad|
Step 3: Select Start and End Date
Step 4: Upload artwork and make payment
How do I know my ad has been placed?
When the campaign is live, you will get a screenshot of the ad within 24 hours.
After the completion of campaign, an Excel Report will be shared to the client.
Top 5 Digital Advertising Platforms in Social Media Category in India according to Similarweb Jul-Sep 2021
Book Services Now
Once the campaign is confirmed, it may take up to 48 hours for the ad to go live.
CPM stands for Cost per mille viz. Cost per Thousand Impression. You pay when your ad is shown 1000 times.
CPC stands for Cost per Click. You pay when someone clicks on your ad.
Daily impression delivery doesn’t remain constant but can fluctuate by up to 200%.
The clicks shown on the report may not match the actual visits (as per your analytics) to the website as there is usually a significant click to drop off rate. Every click recorded by the advertiser's dashboard does not end up on the landing page which causes this discrepancy.
Yes. All platforms prioritize Roadblocks over ROS ads and hence in case of such a premium booking, the delivery of your ad will be paused, and the campaign might need to be extended.