About Facebook Advertising in 60 words
Facebook is a popular social networking website used for connecting with Family and Friends. Facebook has an enormous reach of 2.7 billion users globally. In the subcontinent of India, Facebook has a reach of 250 million. Further, Facebook is available in various regional languages in India and is hence one of the highest penetrated social media platforms in the county.
Why Advertise on Facebook?
Facebook Advertising comes with the following advantages that are worth considering:
- An average Indian spends more than an hour on Facebook, higher than any other website. Hence, it makes sense to make Facebook Advertising your priority.
- Facebook has many targeting options like age, location, interests, and behavior; that can help you target precisely the audience you want to target.
- Facebook Advertising is one of the cheapest advertising options.
How does Facebook advertising work?
The following are the types of Facebook Ads possible:
- Banner Ads on Facebook: These are the most common type of Facebook Ads. These are the basic Link Click Ads that you click to visit the advertiser’s site. These ads would appear in the rightmost column on the user’s Facebook Page (desktop), Mobile and desktop newsfeed, Instagram, and Audience Network too. The specified ad size for Banner Ads is 1200 *628 pixels.
- Video Ads on Facebook: Video Ads on Facebook are also a type of link click ad only in video format. They have the same placement options as that of Banner Ads.
- Page Post Boost: This is the easiest type of Facebook Ads. This is an option provided by Facebook to promote your Facebook post at a cost by setting up a target audience and bidding methods. The placement options are desktop and mobile newsfeed, Instagram, and Audience Network.
- Carousel Ads: A carousel ad is a slidable strip of a maximum of 10 image ads forming only an ad-unit. This is the best type of Facebook Ad for brands having multiple products, communication, offers, and CTA buttons. The placement options are desktop and mobile newsfeed, Instagram, and Audience Network.
- Dynamic Product Ads: If you want your products to reach your target audience without putting in a lot of hard work, this type of Facebook Ads is the best option. The brand has to upload the product catalog and install Facebook Pixel on the website’s pages. Facebook then targets the users who have visited your site earlier with automated ads based on their past interactions. These ads would appear in the rightmost column on the user’s Facebook Page (desktop), Mobile and desktop newsfeed, Instagram, and Audience Network too.
- Facebook Lead Ads: This is very similar to the Banner Ads but the objective of this type of Facebook Ads is to make the user fill a lead form on the Facebook Platform itself. The placement options are desktop and mobile newsfeed, Instagram, and Audience Network.
- Canvas Ads: This is the most innovative type of Facebook ad. It is an interactive ad that allows the user to swipe through the carousel images, tilt the screen, and zoom in and out the images. It is only available on the mobile newsfeed.
Who should advertise on Facebook?
While Facebook has solutions for all types of advertisers, here are some of the best-fit types of brands –
1. Brands trying to reach a digital-first audience
2. Recently launched brands looking to build brand awareness
3. Brands that are looking to scale their offline advertising activities
How Filters help in targeting the audience?
1. Geo-Targeting – One can target the audience by their city or state or even the pin code. For example, a restaurant that only delivers in specific areas can easily select the pin codes to reach the right audience.
2. Language – One can target the audience by which language they are using the app in. For example, an app that is only available in the Telugu language can use this filter to reach the right audience.
3.Demographic – One can target the audience according to their gender or age group. For example, a brand like My Protein would only find it relevant to target Males. Further, A university would prefer to target potential students in the age group of 18 – 24.
4. Interest – This targeting option is built on the basis of the type of content the user interacts with. For example, Nykaa would want to target beauty and fashion enthusiasts. Interest targeting can include various audience buckets such as Business, Fitness, Food, Hobbies, Shopping, Travel, and the like.
5. Device – Device targeting is a wide range of options ranging from the brand of the device, cost of the device to type of device. For example, an app that is only available on android phones could select “android phones” as a targeting option.
6. Custom Audience – Custom Audiences include brand specific audiences created such as a retargeting list, look likes, and even an offline list of customers.
Execution Process and Media Specifications
Steps in Execution
Step 1: Add Media to the Dashboard
Step 2: Customize it as per your requirement using the filters below:
|Placement Page||Run On Site/ Home Page/ Movie Page|
|Dimension||300 x 250/ 120 x 600/ 728 x 90|
|Banner Type||Leaderboard/ Tower/ Rectangle|
Step 3: Select Start and end Date
Step 4: Upload artwork and make payment
How do I know my ad has been placed?
1. When the campaign is live, you will get a link to the dashboard from where you can track the campaign on a daily basis.
2. After the completion of the campaign, an Excel Report will be shared with you.
Facebook Advertising Rates 2021
The Mediad Company is committed to getting the most accurate data for the users. Hence, we ensure the advertising rates are updated on a frequent basis. Facebook Advertising is one of the most popular Digital advertising options hence it is very important for advertisers to know Facebook Advertising Rates 2021. You can find the updated Facebook Advertising Rates 2021 under the tab “Media Options & Pricing” To know the last updated date for Facebook Media Kit 2021, please check the blue tick beside the Facebook Advertising Rates under the Media Options tab.
Top 5 Digital Advertising Platforms in Social Media Category in India according to Similarweb Jul-Sep 2021
Book Services Now
Once the campaign is confirmed, it may take up to 48 hours for the ad to go live.
CPM stands for Cost per mille viz. Cost per Thousand Impression. You pay when your ad is shown 1000 times.
CPC stands for Cost per Click. You pay when someone clicks on your ad.
Daily impression delivery doesn’t remain constant but can fluctuate by up to 200%.
The clicks shown on the report may not match the actual visits (as per your analytics) to the website as there is usually a significant click to drop off rate. Every click recorded by the advertiser's dashboard does not end up on the landing page which causes this discrepancy.
Yes. All platforms prioritize Roadblocks over ROS ads and hence in case of such a premium booking, the delivery of your ad will be paused, and the campaign might need to be extended.